Our conventional monetary system will not last long. This prediction is shared by almost every economist today: debt-based and interest-based money is an unstable system that is condemned to die from intrinsic congenital imbalance (for instance the market cannot follow the speed of interest-based debt to pay back). No one knows precisely when the big collapse is to be expected, but everyone agrees it will happen sooner than later. The current world wide monetary crisis, as well as the effects of monetary concentration, are one of those historic social alerts announcing the big crunch.
What visionaries anticipate is that money is about to follow the same path the media followed during the past years; from controlled ownership of media with one-way top down broadcast systems, to peer-to-peer, participatory, open publishing. Millions of free currencies will soon circulate on the Net and through our cell phones. They will not be controlled by states or central banks, they will be issued and used by millions of marketplaces willing to free themselves from conventional debt-based, interest-based money (85% to 95% of money circulating today). Everyone will use these free currencies simply because they will be ubiquitous, easy to integrate into current media technologies, and because most people and organizations are undermonetized.
This new paradigm is likely to turn the current monetary system into a completely obsolete system. The next one will offer marketplaces the capacity to maximize their trade potential with the ever right amount of monetary mass at their disposal.
Among the current projects expressing this evolution, the Free Currency project is certainly the most advanced one. Next currencies platforms will be available on the Internet by 2009. It will be free and open source. It will provide the next open global interoperable infrastructure for the millions currencies to be easily issued in a peer-to-peer way. It will be easy to use via computers and cell phones, making it accessible to the majority of humanity. User interfaces will be sexy and very user friendly.
Early players such as banks, telecom companies, dotcoms, developing countries, entrepreneurs who will anticipate and accompany this evolution will get an incredible first mover advantage.
Our civilization is changing and all forecasters talk about the revolution in technology and cooperation and globalization. The shift we will see from money will be from a scarcity model to one that is sufficient. In this way, it will fundamentally shift human relationships and consciousness to a new place.
Who is this conference for?
This conference is intended for the individuals and organizations concerned with and interested in the future of money.
- Decision makers and top executives will be given major facts that are not part of their reality today. It will help them anticipate future markets and build first mover strategies. CEOs will understand new ways to monetize their inner organization and marketplaces in order to generate more wealth.
- Social entrepreneurs will understand how soon-to-come monetary systems can liberate their potential and emancipate the civil society
- Financial investors will see a huge opportunity to invest capital in the next monetary technologies. It is certainly the highest return on investment opportunity there might be today on the market.
- Politicians will find powerful solutions to face poverty and monetary concentration
- Players in the monetary world (accountants, economists, banks...) will have an opportunity to forecast what their profession and markets will be in the near future
- Everyone will get a deep understanding of how cultures and belief systems unfold from monetary systems. They will see the link between a currency system and the potential for collective intelligence.
About Jean-François Noubel
Jean-François Noubel was one of the co-founders of AOL France. He has worked for many years on the most visionary software and internet technologies. He is now the founder and president of TheTransitioner.org, a research and development organization specializing in collective intelligence, wisdom and consciousness. Jean-François has committed his life and organization to make money evolve in the coming years. He is considered as a worldwide visionary authorities on the future currency systems. He travels all across the planet to help people and organizations envision what is about to happen and build powerful first mover strategies.
About Fernanda Ibarra
Fernanda Ibarra is a Global Collective Intelligence pioneer. Passionate about creating new forms and catalizing social transformation projects. She has a 10 years expertise in internet techologies and practices for communication, collaboration, learning, social media and broadcasting. She currently collaborates in building TheTransitioner.org next steps of growth and development.